Floor Plan and Facilities
As a restored historical structure with extensive outdoor area, the Museum facilities are carefully designed to maintain a balance between visitors' comfort and preservation of historical relics. If you are anticipating a visit to the Museum, the following may give you some hints in planning an itinerary which will best fit your interest and strength.
Barrier-free facilities and services are currently provided at the Hong Kong Museum of Coastal Defence:
- Designated car parking spaces for persons with disabilities
- Tactile guide path and Braille and tactile floor plan at the reception hall and redoubt
- Enquiries counter suitable for wheelchair users and assistive listening system at the reception hall
- Accessible toilets at reception hall and redoubt
- Braille and tactile markings and audible signal in passgenger lifts
- Audio and visual signals of the emergency alarm system
- Persons with disabilities can access to redoubt via lifts and ramps
You are welcome to contact Mr Lee Ka-lok, Assistant Curator I of the Hong Kong Museum of Coastal Defence at 2569 1270 during office hours (9am to 1pm & 2pm to 6pm on Mon to Fri) or call the Duty Officer at 2569 1500 during non-office hours.