stop
play

Ruined Structure

Ruined Structure

The structure was built in 1910 as soldiers' quarters for the men of the Royal Artillery who manned the Central and West Batteries. On the night of 18 December 1941, Japanese troops successfully crossed the Lei Yue Mun Channel from Devil's Peak and were engaged in fierce fighting with the defenders in this building. After stubborn resistance, the defenders, overwhelmed by superior numbers and firepower, were forced to retreat.