stop
play

Ammunition Stores

Ammunition Stores
-Record plan of ammunition stores, 1908

Ammunition for the 6 inch BL guns was stored in two chambers in the Redoubt, the magazine and filled shell store. 200 silk covered cartridges containing gunpowder or cordite were stored in the magazine; 160 rounds of shell filled with explosive were kept ready for use in the adjoining store. These were raised by hoist to the guns above.